A little flavour of what's in store...

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Etch-a-Sketch help desk...

A friend of mine knows I enjoy help desk parodies and recently sent me this...
If you thought the Windows Vista help desk had problems, spare a thought for those brave people manning the Etch-a-Sketch helpdesk....

Q. What's the shortcut for Undo?
A. Pick it up and shake it.

Q. How do I create a new document window?
A. Pick it up and shake it.

Q. How do I set the foreground and background to the same colour?
A. Pick it up and shake it.

Q. What is the proper procedure for re-booting my etch-a-sketch?
A. Pick it up and shake it.

Q. How do I delete a document on my etch-a-sketch?
A. Pick it up and shake it.

Q. How do I save my etch-a-sketch document?
A. Don't shake it.

It reminds us of a converstaion between an I.T helpdesk and a customer that went something along these lines...

"My monitors just gone blank", "can you see the power lead?", "No", "follow the power lead to the back of the computer", "I can't see it", "why not? Is something obstructing the cables? you may need to pull your desk out", "No it's not that - all the lights have gone out", "have you had a power cut?", "Yes", "that would explain why your monitors not working"

It's very easy to be confused by new (and not so new) technology, especially when it's something you don't do every day - like shopping online for a personalised photo gift.

At Fabulous Photo Gifts, we have friendly, understanding and real people at the end of the phone so if you are struggling to get to grips with online shopping, (you're not alone!) please feel free to call us and we can either talk you through the process or arrange to accept your order by post.

Minimum fuss, maximum understanding, infinite patience and a 'happy to help you' philosophy make Fabulous Photo Gifts the obvious choice for your next personalised photo gift purchase.

No comments: