A little flavour of what's in store...

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Call Centre Bloopers

Call Centres - Always a topic for hot debate here in the UK with so many large high st names outsourcing their call centre operations overseas.

Some companies make a big feature of their 'UK call centres' in marketing.

Here at Fabulous Photo Gifts, we try to get the calls before the office answer machine cuts in but if you do get a 'leave a message' then please do just that.

If we haven't answered, its usually because we're in the workshop - busy as elves!

One of our good friends sent this little selection of other call centre bloopers - we've hidden the names of the companies to protect the innocent.... (however none of them are ours!!)...

Customer: 'I've been ringing 0800 2100 for two days and can't get through to enquiries, can you help?'.
Operator: 'Where did you get that number from, sir?'.
Customer: 'It was on the door to the Travel Centre'.
Operator: 'Sir, they are our opening hours'.
................................................

Caller: 'Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?'
Operator: 'I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about'.
Caller: 'On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly states that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack?'
Operator: 'I think you mean the telephone point on the wall'.
...............................................

Caller: 'Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I am travelling in Australia?'
Operator: ' Doesn't the product name give you a clue?'
...............................................

Caller (enquiring about legal requirements while travelling in France):
'If I register my car in France, do I have to change the steering wheel to the other side of the car?'
...............................................

Caller: 'I'd like the number of the Argoed Fish Bar in Cardiff please'.
Operator: 'I'm sorry, there's no listing. Is the spelling correct?'
Caller: 'Well, it used to be called the Bargoed Fish Bar but the 'B' fell off'.
...............................................

Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.
Operator: 'Woven? Are you sure?'
Caller: 'Yes. That's what it says on the label; Woven in Scotland '.
...............................................

On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone box told a worried operator:
'I haven't got a pen, so I'm steaming up the window to write the number on'.
...............................................

If you do want our contact details - click here.

No comments: