A little flavour of what's in store...

Monday, May 18, 2009

A case of the Deaf leading the Flustered



Like all good stories, this one has a happy ending.

So, I'm in the bank, standing at the serving hatch and I notice the chap two cashiers down kept turning to a friend leaning against the back wall and 'chatting' in a very articulated sign language. Ah I thought, his friend is deaf.

They left as I continued to be served, whilst the next customer stepped up to the now vacated cashier and waved at a credit card still in the pin machine - obviously left there by the signing man.

Anyway, the cashier took the card and put it to one side - perhaps they'd realise and call back.

Now I don't know about you but when I loose something, I have a devil of a job remembering where exactly I had it last. So as I stepped outside the bank I thought if I spotted them on my walk back to the office, I'd tell them.

Well of course that was highly improbable wasn't it?

Well actually no it wasn't because the next shop I walked into, there were the two chaps so I tapped the chap who'd been at the counter and started to tell him I thought he'd left his card at the bank.

Oh dear - he was deaf too and as I don't know sign language, it could have been a problem. Rather startled by my own brilliance, I quickly whipped out my card and demonstrating a putting card into slot action, pointed to the bank across the road.

The penny dropped - he reached for his wallet, saw his card wasn't there and ran back to the bank to retrieve his card.

See - I told you this story had a happy ending.

Jonathan - Fabulous Photo Gifts

No comments: