A little flavour of what's in store...

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A locked rear door will fail your car's MOT

I thought it was worth sharing that if, like me, you had a broken door lock (in this case a Skoda Octavia with a locked rear passenger door), then make sure it works before taking your car for an MOT as a 'permanently' locked shut door will fail the MOT - even if it's a back door.

The problem was that the door had locked shut on its deadlock some months ago, so I couldn't get to the inside door panel screws to remove it and access the locking mechanism.

Luckily, my friends at Smalley Service Station came to the rescue - managed to unlock the door and secure a repair.

Now that it opens (and locks before you get any ideas), I can make a full repair of the central locking at my leisure.

Just the small matter of the £150 for a new solenoid.....

Well, I never used that door anyway.

No comments: